“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things”
We got a delicious and healthy recipe from our own Location Manager & Epicurean Senior Guide, Ankie Nieuwenhoven: Root Tea!
If you are unfamiliar with tea let us tell you a a few fun facts before making the recipe…
- Britain is the second-largest nation of tea drinkers per capita. Ireland is the first.
- An estimated 85% of tea that is consumed in the United States is iced tea. Over 519 million pounds of tea are imported into the United States each year.
- To steep the perfect cup of tea, timing is crucial. And ideal steeping times vary depending on what variety of tea you’re making. For black tea, steeping time is 3-5 minutes. For other steeping times for other varieties, go here.
Ready? Let’s do this!
Caribbean Root Recipe
- Large soup pan
- Turmeric root
- Ginger root
- Cinnamon bark
- Star anise
- Chop unpeeled Turmeric and Ginger root in chunks
- Put all ingredients in the large soup pan
- Add water
- Bring to a boil, let simmer low for an hour or so.
- Cool it down in the pan and transfer to your ice tea jug or another bottle to keep in fridge.
Serve ice cold with a slice of lime/lemon/orange
Serve hot with honey and lime/lemon/orange
We hope you enjoy, cheers!